AAPS Awards and Recognition
A variety of awards and distinguished honors are presented annually by AAPS and its affiliated Academies of Medicine and/or ABPS Boards of Certification. These honors and awards include:
- The E. O. Martin Award is the highest honor bestowed upon individuals by AAPS. This award honors an individual who has made a significant contribution to AAPS, affiliated Academies of Medicine and Boards of Certification, the medical profession, and the community.
- The Physician of the Year Award may be presented by each Academy of Medicine to a member who has contributed to the growth, recognition, and leadership of the Academy. In the absence of an affiliated Academy, a Board of Certification may recognize a Diplomate member who has contributed to the growth, recognition, and leadership of the Board.
- The Distinguished Degree of Fellow may be awarded by each Academy of Medicine for merit and outstanding accomplishments in the specialty represented by the Academy or outstanding service to the Academy. Click here for more information.
- The Thomas Ebner Leadership Award is presented to a member or Diplomate who has unequivocally demonstrated superb leadership in an incomparable fashion that has continually positioned the Association for success.
- The David G. C. McCann Devotion Award is presented to a member or Diplomate who has indisputably revealed a level of extraordinary faith in leadership in the Association, in an unparalleled demonstration of conviction and principles that has continually positioned the organization for success, and who possesses an uncanny faithfulness in spirit and deed.
- The Stephen G. Carin, Jr, Giddy-up Leadership Award is presented to a member or Diplomate who has unequivocally demonstrated distinguished leadership in the Association in an extraordinary and incomparable manner with emphasis on perseverance, tenaciousness and resiliency.
- The American Academy of Disaster Medicine Distinguished Service Award is presented to honor individuals, organizations and communities positively affecting public health care in the disaster life cycle of preparation, planning, response, and recovery.
- The AAPS Achievement Awards recognize members for their outstanding service, dedication, and contributions to the AAPS and the American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS). There are three levels of Achievement Awards: Achievement Award, Senior Achievement Award, and Lifetime Achievement Award. Click here for more information.