Tampa, FL – The American Association of Physician Specialists, Inc.® (AAPS) has announced its Board of Directors for 2011-2012. Leaders were elected and installed at the AAPS House of Delegates & Annual Scientific Meeting held recently in McLean, VA. AAPS is the governing body of the American Board of Physician Specialties® (ABPS).
AAPS 2011-2012 officers:
- David G.C. McCann, MD, MPH, FAASFP, FAADM, a family practice physician and disaster medicine specialist from Dundas, Ontario, Canada installed as President.
- Anthony P. Russo, Jr., DO, FAAA, an anesthesiologist from Bluffton, SC assumed the office of Immediate Past President.
- A. Robert Cerrato, DO, J.D., an anesthesiologist from Mount Laurel, NJ named President-Elect.
- Betsy B. Schenck, DO, FAAEP, an emergency medicine physician from Denton, TX assumed the office of Vice-President.
- Douglas L. Marciniak, DO, FAAIM, a cardiologist and internal medicine physician from Rogers, AZ named Secretary/Treasurer.
- Kenneth M. Flowe, MD, MBA, FAAEP, an emergency medicine physician from Roxboro, NC named Membership Officer.
In addition, other members of the AAPS Board of Directors include:
- William G. Anderson, DO, a dermatologist from Lake Havasu City, AZ is Representative from the American Academy of Specialists in Dermatology.
- Scott G. Barnes, DO, FAAIM, an internal medicine physician from Lemoyne, PA is Presidential Advisor.
- Michael A. Cohen, DO, an anesthesiologist from Granville, OH is Representative from the American Academy of Anesthesiology.
- Brian J. Feaver, MD, FAASFP, a family practice physician from Lake Jackson, TX is Representative from the American Academy of Specialists in Family Practice.
- Joseph C. Gallagher, DO, FAASOS, an orthopedic surgeon from Wayne, PA is Representative from the American Academy of Specialists in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Edna Z. Mahmood, MD, FAASS, an ophthalmologist from Wyoming, PA is Representative from the American Academy of Specialists in Surgery.
- Jerry R. Majers, DO, FAAIM, FAAGM, a geriatric medicine and internal medicine physician from Beavercreek, OH is Academy of Presidents Chair.
- Stephen A. Montes, DO, FAASOS, an orthopedic surgeon from N. Muskegon, MI is CME Chair.
- Thomas G. Pelz, DO, FAAIM, an internal medicine physician and hospitalist from Boscobel, WI is Representative from the American Academy of Internal Medicine and ABPS Vice Chair.
- Susan M. Sarracino, MD, FAAA, an anesthesiologist from Menomonee Falls, WI is ABPS Chair.
- Craig S. Smith, MD, a radiologist from Kansas City, MO is Representative from the American Academy of Radiology.
- Louis W. Sullivan, MD, former U.S. HHS Secretary from Atlanta, GA is Public Member.
- James W. Terbush, MD, a disaster medicine specialist from Jacksonville, FL is Representative from the American Academy of Disaster Medicine.
- Martin E. Thornton, DO, an emergency medicine physician from Aubrey, TX is Strategic Planning Chair.
The American Association of Physician Specialists, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization that oversees the American Board of Physician Specialties and its Member Boards in the development and administration of physician board certification standards. ABPS Member Boards certify physicians in 17 medical specialties. AAPS headquarters are located in Tampa.